It's finally here....the border is re-opening
The news we have all been waiting for is finally here. The US - Canada border will re-open to US citizens.
"Ottawa now says that — starting Aug. 9 at 12:01 a.m. ET. — fully vaccinated U.S. citizens and permanent residents living in that country will be able to visit Canada without having to quarantine for two weeks."
What do you need to know to cross the border?
1) You will need to have proof of being fully vaccinated (Pfizer, Moderna, J&J or Astra-Zeneca are the only acceptable vaccines) and be 14 days past your last dose
2) Children under 12 — who aren't yet approved to receive a vaccine — will be exempt from the quarantine requirement after entering Canada and can move around with their parents if they follow public health measures.
3) You will need a negative COVID-19 molecular test, within 72 hours of crossing. Rapid tests and other quick tests are not acceptable, it must be a PCR test
4) All travelers must use the government's ArriveCAN portal to submit their information. If they meet the government's criteria, they will not have to quarantine upon arrival in Canada.
5) Participate in random testing. We are asking for additional information on this and will pass any new information along as we get it. We expect this is given at the border crossing.
With the border now opening August 9th and the border crossing guidelines in place, it has caused our availability to be changing by the hour. We do have some availability in both August and September. You can check on the best dates for you trip by contacting us at
or (833) DUCKBAY 382.5229
Reservations are on a first come basis.