UPDATE: you and your trip to Duck Bay Lodge
Update about your trip to Duck Bay Lodge...
We know that it's a worrisome time right now, and we're right there with you. Here's a lovely note received from guest Lucky Vervilles; thanks Lucky, you made us laugh!
"Don't even think about closing down Duck Bay Lodge due to CoronaVirus. We will be on your doorstep June 2, whether you are there or not. LOL."
The good news:
- these are very early days. For those with early-season reservations, we are still 9-10 weeks out from the fishing opener.
- both governments, President Trump and Prime Minister Trudeau, are working very co-operatively and closely together with parallel measures being take to contain the spread of the virus.
- South Korea and China, two of the early countries hit, are now experiencing rapidly declining cases of the virus.
Great reasons to visit Duck Bay:
- since nobody has been on our island since early November, we are 100% COVID-19 free.
- "social distancing"? Does it get any better than being on a 600 acre island in the middle of nowhere with only a handful of people?
- with an average of 16-18 guests at any one time, this isn't exactly the crowds at Disney or Vegas! During the day, you may see another boat way over in the distance.
- check out this great article in The Federalist this morning entitled "This is the Perfect Time to Get Outside and Go Fishing". Enough said.
To put your mind at ease:
Our cancellation policy is, should you need to cancel your trip, 100% of your deposit will be moved to another date the same year, or the following year. That being said, should your trip be affected, as honest and honorable people, we will work with you to find a satisfactory solution.
Since we're still a long way out, we'll continue to closely monitor the situation and keep you informed every step of the way. We feel confident by mid-May it will be business as usual. Contact us at any time.
May God bless our medical community, and so many others, who are working tirelessly to ensure the health and well-being of each of us and our countries. Please keep yourself healthy and well.